I grew up here and have seen firsthand the city’s transformation over 40 years. I understand the upside and downside of expansion, and make informed decisions on facts, not emotions. I've been honored to serve on the Menlo Park City Council since 2010 and as your Mayor in 2013 and 2018. I'd appreciate your vote and support for re-election to the City Council, District 4.
We have an unprecedented opportunity to fix issues that have challenged our city for decades, and benefit Menlo Park residents long term. I have a strategic vision to make Menlo Park even better for families like yours.
Working on Traffic Congestion and Safety
- Fixing the El Camino bottleneck with a Ravenswood undercrossing of CalTrain
- Funding a bike & pedestrian underpass to connect Middle with Burgess Park
- Preventing cut-thru traffic in Allied Arts, since 80% of traffic neither begins nor ends in our city
- Installing bike lanes on Middle, in addition to Oak Grove and Santa Cruz avenues
Improving Quality of Life
- Created outdoor dining along Santa Cruz Avenue
- Approved a new Guild Theater entertainment venue
- Replaced empty car dealerships along El Camino Real with new housing
- Upgrading the Nealon Park playground and building Jack Lyle restrooms
- Funding a new Belle Haven library
- Improving education in Belle Haven
Maintaining balanced budgets
- Balanced the budget and achieved a AAA rating for every year on city council
- Paid down $7 million of our unfunded pension liability that saved over $4 million in interest expenses
- Established a pension reserve
- Creating a strategic financing plan to prioritize the funding of important infrastructure projects over the next decade
Voter involvement is key to the success of our campaign. Take the first step by joining us!
Please sign up to receive campaign news, information, and upcoming events. I sincerely appreciate your interest!Sign up